I fried an onion, six Italian spiced turkey sausages and a punnet of mushrooms together in a large pan (all sliced). When the sausage was cooked, I added half a teaspoon of paprika, half a cup of apple cider vinegar and a quarter of a cup of Worcestershire sauce. I let this simmer together for about 15 mins.
As it simmered, it all went the same unappealing shade of browny-grey. I started to worry that my spontaneous combination of ingredients would be too tart As I was struggling to come up with a dinner rescue strategy, I let my son taste the juice and he really liked the flavor I decided to give it a try and served it with sweet potato mash and green beans. The kid licked the plate clean and is taking leftovers to school tomorrow. I love it when my son enjoys my cooking. :)
My husband is out so I can't comment on what he thought of it, but i'll update later.
Update: Husband approved

No comments:
Post a Comment