Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Oven Roasted Veggies & Chicken Alfredo

This was a quick after-work recipe that was very delicious! It had three parts, oven roasted veggies, Alfredo pasta and garlic chicken.

Preheat the oven to 425. Cut up the broccoli, mushrooms, and leeks and put them in one layer on a baking tray. Drizzle pretty generously with olive oil, salt and pepper.  One thing I've learned recently, is not to underestimate the power of salt and pepper. I was worried that this would be boring, but it was great. Roast for about 20 mins, shaking them around occasionally. By the time these are done, everything else will be ready too!

Boil pasta. I wanted fettuccine but they didn't have any, so I got the big shells instead.

In another pan, heat some olive oil and add three chopped cloves of garlic. When you can smell the garlic starting to cook, add the chicken. When the chicken's cooked, take it out and then leave it to one side. Add flour to the remaining oil so that it goes thick. Then stir in about 2 cups of chicken stock  to make the beginnings of the Alfredo sauce.  Add a good spoonful of nutmeg to the sauce. I slipped on the nutmeg and added too much, but it was really yummy - so don't worry about it, go for it with the nutmeg. Then add sour cream until the sauce is a good consistency. Sprinkle with black pepper.

When the pasta and the veggies are all cooked, combine everything into a big pile of deliciousness and sprinkle with Parmesan. The whole family loved it! They had three or four servings each until they cleaned the pan.



No comments:

Post a Comment