All credit needs to go to the lady who wrote this recipe on her blog. She's obviously tried a few things before declaring this the ultimate in cauliflower pizza crust recipes. I've never tried any other, so I can neither confirm or deny her claim that this is the best, but it was fantastic. It doesn't make a very large crust, in future I might have to make two of them to feed my family. It was also pretty fun to make, squeezing the cauliflower though the tea towel was exciting - it makes way more water than you would think! Also, I had to go out and buy a food processor - Walmart had a teeny one for $10. It's super adorable. I felt like a kid in a toy kitchen making food for imaginary friends. It took about 4 or 5 loads in my tiny processor to make enough cauliflower pulp for the base.
We made marinara sauce from the BBC food recipe, which was also excellent. We topped the pizza with mozzarella, Parmesan, chicken and red bell peppers, and garnished with parsley.
Edit: this was so good we made another one for Julia on the 4th of July.

No comments:
Post a Comment