Today, I hit upon a recipe for smoked haddock chowder. My fishmonger doesn't do smoked fish and was out of haddock, so I made a cod chowder instead. I was a little worried that the chowder would be bland, given that the fish was not smoked, so added a little fish stock to the milk to help it along. The result was very flavorful, too flavorful for my son, who added cheese and extra milk to lighten it up. My husband liked it and it all went in one go - no leftovers at all.
The meal was considered "healthy" by the good people at BBC food, and who am I to argue? but it doesn't offer much in the way of vegetables. I'm sure corn is technically a vegetable, but I imagine that the nutritional value is quite low. I'd guess this meal was classed as healthy because of the fish. I could use this (without the new potatoes) as a recipe for fish pie, and then serve it with a side of green beans. I would probably go further as a pie and have more vegetables on the plate.
The meal was considered "healthy" by the good people at BBC food, and who am I to argue? but it doesn't offer much in the way of vegetables. I'm sure corn is technically a vegetable, but I imagine that the nutritional value is quite low. I'd guess this meal was classed as healthy because of the fish. I could use this (without the new potatoes) as a recipe for fish pie, and then serve it with a side of green beans. I would probably go further as a pie and have more vegetables on the plate.

No comments:
Post a Comment