Monday, December 30, 2013

Pasta with kale, chickpeas and parmesan

I wanted something light and fresh after all the dense meat pies and gravy based Christmas meals. It took me ages to find something I wanted to make which has the triple threat: delicious, healthy, inexpensive. I finally found this recipe for 'Tagliatelle with cavolo nero, chickpeas and pecorino' but I swapped out the cavolo nero for kale and the pecorino for Parmesan. It seems like I can never find good vegetarian food without cheese. Is it possible to make appetizing meals without either cheese or meat? I know that some vegan food is amazing, but I'm determined to make (as much as possible) everything in-house and I cannot make cashew cheese in house. Anyhow, this was very well liked. Instead of tagliatelle I made homemade butter noodles, which have a very nice texture, if too much butter.

This is my son's plate, he added more Parmesan than was necessary but he's a growing lad.

No comments:

Post a Comment