This is a healthy meal, that's pretty quick and easy and involves no cheese!
After yesterdays blue cheese bonanza we needed something much lighter today. Yesterday's meal felt like I'd eaten a rugby ball, and a French cheese-eating rugby team were rucking my insides. Not today!
I wanted to use up the rest of the tarragon that we bought before it went bad, so I searched for a fish recipe involving tarragon and I found this one. It was very easy to make, and was light and tender. My husband and I are sharing one car at the moment so he went to get the ingredients. He was intimidated by the crazy fish counter at our local Korean supermarket and so just purchased the only white fish that he could buy without interacting with the fishmongers. He found Tilapia, which is a perfectly nice fish, but it may have changed the overall feel of this dish, which was designed to be served with coley - a much lighter white fish. It was very nice, but I'd be keen to try it again with a different fish.
The fish was simply seasoned with salt and black pepper and fried in olive oil. The more exciting part was the Sauce Vierge (Virgin Sauce). This was made by adding olive oil (120ml), and lemon juice (1 lemon) to a medium pan, with a shallot (diced), two tomatoes (diced with skin and seeds removed) and lots of fresh tarragon (3tablespoons). The sauce was very light and flavourful.
I served with a green salad and a balsamic dressing.

No comments:
Post a Comment