Sunday, August 26, 2012

mo spinach, fewer problems


Time management is a problem. I don't get home from work until at least 6pm, sometimes later. And this was one of the evenings where I had plans later on and my son would normally be tasked with fixing his own dinner. He's 12 years old. He's not allowed to use the cooker, so he'd just be grabbing stuff from the fridge (like cheese) and perhaps warming something up in the microwave. It's not a healthy meal that is prepared in this way. 

On this occasion, with my new attitude to family mealtimes, I managed to do a little better. I had a  lot of leftover spinach. I have a bag of frozen cooked shrimp. I always have garlic in my house. I threw together a quick version of the stir fry that  inspired the blog. I also had some frozen green beans and a packet of cheese & broccoli rice. The rice is not healthy, even though it says broccoli in the title, it came out of a packet and was cooked in the microwave, but considering I threw this meal together in about ten minutes, I'm pretty happy with the overall result. It was a mountain of food. My son was very happy with it and I got to go out and drink, leaving my child home alone, with much less guilt than usual. Huzzah! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment