I invented a recipe and called it "Sausage Miracle".
I woke up late. I got ready for work with about ten mins to spare but that's not enough time to make tea and drink it. If I can't have my morning cup of tea then I don't want to have any breakfast. Toast without tea would be like the John Stewart show without John Stewart - totally pointless.
In the ten minutes that I had to spare, I made Sausage Miracle. It's called sausage miracle because it was so very very very delicious and made in about ten minutes with only the limited ingredients that I had in my house. It happened in a flash! Like a "Road to Damascus" moment, but with sausage. :)
I warmed some olive oil in a pan, threw in two cloves of chopped garlic, and two Walmart mild Italian sausages that was chopped up small so they would cook fast. I put some frozen green beans in the microwave. When the sausage was brown, I added two good sized chopped tomatoes and let the whole thing cook. When the beans were cooked I added them to the garlic/sausage/tomato mixture with a healthy amount of black pepper.
I warmed it up as soon as I got to work because it smelled so good and I'd missed my breakfast. Viola!
This is one of the times where healthy food rivals unhealthy food in terms of taste. This was easily more delicious than a cheese burger. I know, there's a sausage in it, but I ended up splitting this meal with my office-mate so we only had one sausage each, that can't be that bad.
Unfortunately, I didn't share this one with my husband and son, and the whole point of this blog is to make healthier food for them. I'll have to make it for them soon. It was just so delicious.
Nutritional Information:


No comments:
Post a Comment